Apr 15, 2008

Tuesday Snippets...

Did my chores yesterday. Felt good about it. I was worried about when to vacuum, since His Highness gets so freaked out about it. But guess what? He got into the dirt again, so I didn't feel guilty at all about v
ac


uuming in his presence.

And he likes to hit my buttons (the keyboard keys) when I'm typing. Up to now I've been fending him off with Life cereal & Ritz crackers, but he just brought me some beef jerky from the pantry, which I am not giving to him, so I think my time here grows short...

...We took a walk/jog this morning. It was a beautiful, cool morning. At the last stoplight on the way back there was a guy counting cars for some sort of traffic survey. We chatted a bit until I got the walk signal. He was bundled in a winter coat, hunkered down in his chair, lamenting the fact that the 80 degree weekend has given way to cold weather.

I pondered this as I was walking the last couple streets home, and it dawned on me that if I were in Mass right now, I wouldn't have even been wearing my sweatshirt. I did today though--nothing to prove after the winters I've lived in! =) But I'd have been entirely too warm in a winter coat, that much was true. So I checked the temp as soon as I got home, and it was 50 degrees. I've definitely become accustomed to the cooler temps...

...This weekend I went thru our entire file cabinet and purged all the old paperwork we didn't need anymore. Including much of the paperwork from our house in Phoenix. I paused over it, but it was time to let it go. (sniff)

So now I have a pile of papers about a foot high that I need to run thru the shredder. I set aside the stuff that can go directly into the recycle bin, but anything with personal info on it needs to be shredded. Just to be safe. Our little home shredder doesn't hold much, so I set up some paper grocery bags to empty it
into every so often.

And oh me oh my, I really should've thrown out what I've shredded thus far, because His Highness just carpeted the office with a grocery bag's worth of shreds...

...I'm getting into some 5k's & stuff while were here. Something fun & different!


...Lots of shreds to clean up...

1 comment:

Bee said...

The weather here has been nice on the weekends, too. Rainy today, of course.

If you have a good relationship at your bank, they might take the stuff and shred it for you..most banks have LOADS of sensitive docs to shred already.

...although, it's fun to have a paper shred pile fight. :)