Feb 12, 2008

Tis the Season...

For all my friends, real or imaginary, who likely live in AZ and sometimes lament the lack of seasons...

The high (HIGH) temperature yesterday was 24 degrees. Fahrenheit.

The high temperature today was again in the 20s, I believe. The windchill was in the teens, at best.

We're in the middle of a snowstorm. We are scheduled to accumulate 2-4 inches of snow overnight, turning into rain for most of tomorrow, and a high of nearly 40. Just cold enough to make the rain really miserable, and just warm enough to make everything melty & slushy before refreezing overnight--yuck!

February is the worst part about having seasons...

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

So true. The only thing redeeming February for me Isaac's birthday.
Now what is the average temp in CA this time of year? :-)

TulipGirl said...

Oh, yes. . .

(I was just thinking this morning. . . how lucky am I? We live in Florida. . . I wonder if the pool is too cold to enjoy, 'cause the air is warm enough to want to swim.)

I know. . . rubbing it in. I'm sorry!

(But Februarys in Ukraine are a recent enough memory to REALLY enjoy Februarys here. . .)

Smiller said...

Ug, that sounds terrible. I had to put on a sweater because it was 70 in the house tonight. I'm such a cold wimp...but I can withstand AZ oven heat though!

Unknown said...

I have to agree with you on the February thing. Although in Chicago, March and even April have been known to be a bit bizarre weather-wise, as well!