Feb 28, 2008

Feb 28--Almost There...

An extra day in Denver does wonders for the psyche. We spent 2 nights with the Zs, spending most of yesterday doing fun and non-traveling things. The guys all did guy things--got the moving truck weighed and the Cat Daddy's car washed, played Risk (where the Cat Daddy fed his obsession for world domination), etc. Mrs. Z and I paid a visit to the mothership (Eddie Bauer Outlet) and did some walking around the Red Rocks Amphitheatre. Red Rocks was so cool--found out it seats 9,450 people (over 11,000 if they squeeze). Mrs. Z updated me on their own quest for world domination, as well, and we did a lot of eating out. And of course I drank plenty of the home-delivered best chocolate milk in the world. Yummmmm.

So today we drove over the Rockies, ending up in St. George, Utah. St. George is a great town--built up enough that there are lots of choices as far as lodging, food, etc.

I just realized that I'm about 2 seconds away from falling asleep, right here and now, so I'd better close. Tomorrow's the final leg--if all goes well we will end up in CA, and in our new house, even. Then my mom brings His Highness up on Saturday. THEN the real transition begins...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hope you made it to your new place today! Take pics!

Waiting for the next 8 inches of snow tonight,
The other KB

Anonymous said...

I may need to get more road trip tips from you before we make our 4,000 mile trek to Anchorage!!
April J.