Feb 5, 2011

Weeks 4-6--Wintry Mix...

Well it's a good thing I'm not being graded on consistency, eh? To make up for the missed weeks I shall post three pics...or four...



This is a little bit better shot of our newest family member, aka Nipples. He's proving a little tough to photograph, as he's quick and doesn't stay in the frame for long. I can hardly blame him; I usually have two little crazies trailing close behind me who adore the kitty and whose highest expressions of affection are to either pick him up or squish him flat. Seriously, two seconds after I got the above shot we ended up with variations of this:



They are like his own, personal fan club. Of obsessed, obnoxious fans who won't let him get some peace & tranquility already...


I often find my children atop the counters. I often find that my children have swiped my phone. In this situation I found both at once...

This is a shot of our kitchen window the day that we hit minus 5 as our high temperature. That's ice on the inside of our slick, modern double-panes, there. I took a little time (very little) to debate my stance on the whole ridiculously-cold thing. I mean, geez it was cold. On this particular day we went out just before lunchtime; however I did choose to delay the planned morning commissary trip until the next day when it was closer to zero. We bundled & layered, and zipped and mittened, and warmed up the car for way longer than you're supposed to, and it wasn't too bad. While being out of AZ has killed my heat tolerance, 9 1/2 years of varying degrees of winter have made me very hearty, indeed. And don't even get me started on my kids. The little human furnaces act like they were born in an igloo or something. As you can see above they run around in their skivvies regardless of the season. And it could be 20 degrees out, and they'll be fussing about coats, and I'll be all, "Look, I don't want you to get frostbite, I'm going to have to require that you put your coat on." And I'll get heavy, 4-year-old sighs and grumbly little "O-kayyyyy"s.

Anyhow, when it comes to comfort levels there is something to be said about how once it gets below a certain point, cold is just cold. And that's just how it was. Cold.

Besides, windowpanes aside, the house stayed at our usual winter temperature of 65, so we were warm & comfy indoors. It was a good time for hot drinks and sliding around the wood floors in our socks.

But we're still glad it's back up in the 20s and 30s these days...

No comments: