Dec 29, 2008

Awesome Guns of Steel...

I just wanted to brag about my trip to the grocery store. I went in for, like, 2 things but as often is the case I found about 17 other things to pick up while I was there, including somewhat-heavy things like canned peaches (on sale, oh yes). I lugged my little handbasket to the checkout line, where the girl bagging my stuff very kindly asked if I would like a cart to take my things out in.

I surveyed the stash and said, "No thank you, I think I can get it...I take it as a personal challenge." She smiled and said "That's your cardio for the day, right there," and I said "Exactly!" She understood. It was a friggin' love-fest, right there in the checkout line with my canned peaches.

I grabbed my receipt, looped two bags over one hand and three over the other, and gave that initial how-heavy-will-it-be heave. While it wasn't quite like toting two pillows around, nor was it the sort of lading that has one straining and doing the if-I-can-just-make-it-to-the-car-quick-march. In other words, not bad at all. The bagger said "Whoa. Yeah, you've got it just fine." I gave her a smile and was off. I thought briefly about telling her my secret to great strength--toting around a 30-lb 2-year-old all day. Instead, I decided to bask in that very-short moment of feeling stronger than most...

No comments: