May 15, 2007

Accents, or Lack Thereof...

What American accent do you have?
Your Result: The Midland

"You have a Midland accent" is just another way of saying "you don't have an accent." You probably are from the Midland (Pennsylvania, southern Ohio, southern Indiana, southern Illinois, and Missouri) but then for all we know you could be from Florida or Charleston or one of those big southern cities like Atlanta or Dallas. You have a good voice for TV and radio.

The West
Boston
The Inland North
The Northeast
Philadelphia
North Central
The South
What American accent do you have?
Quiz Created on GoToQuiz

Hmmm...I'm from the West. I was a little surprised by how much Boston factored in there, but then again, I tend to pick up inklings of wherever I live, so there you have it.

I also disagree that places like southern Ohio & Indiana, and especially Missouri, don't have an accent. My own relatives say "Mizzuruh," and no one can convince me that there's no twang there.

via ChewyMom

No comments: