Apr 3, 2006

The Great Scam Leaves Its Mark...

The beginning of Daylight Saving Time seems to be affecting the Cat-Daddy more than me for once. Saturday night I set our two main clocks ahead, so Sunday morning we were good to go. I got ready for church, and the Cat-Daddy headed off to class. He didn't even get out of the driveway, though, before reappearing at the door--

"Skerrib, what time is it?"

"About 8:00"

"Why does my car say it's 7:00??"

"Daylight Saving Time went into effect this morning."

"Are you sure??"

"Check on the computer. Or the TV." (the TV goes on for a short time)

"Does Mr. B (our friend/neighbor) know?"

"I hope so" (Mr. B. was my ride to church that day). "Hey Cat-Daddy, how does it feel to fall victim to the greatest scam ever pulled??"

The Cat-Daddy was not amused.

The B.'s did, in fact, remember to set their clocks as well. I am usually such a time zone wuss that the slightest disruption takes me a week or two to adjust, but thus far I feel surprisingly unaffected. At least part of it is due to the fact that I completely forgot to set my alarm this morning, sleeping straight thru to 7 instead of 6. We shall see as the week progresses. For once I'm heading to bed on time tonight; that's a good start.

As for the Cat-Daddy--who is ordinarily of the "suck-it-up" mentality, especially when I start complaining about time zone adjustments, summer humidity, keeping the house at 60 degrees in the wintertime, or pretty much anything else I decide is unnatural and/or inhumane--he is crashed on the couch as we speak. In his own words, he is "wiped because of Daylight Saving Time."

Yes, I am gloating.

I so rarely get to do so, I feel compelled to savor this moment...

...It feels quite delicious...

...there. I'm done.

Next up will be Pim's most recent adventures. He's quite a trooper to tolerate kitty-parents like us...

No comments: