Sep 21, 2017

Brain Crowding...

Is anyone else's brain full to the point of overflowing? Is it just me?

I don't think it's just me. In fact, I KNOW it's not just me. The bulk of discussions at school last year were about how His Highness clearly has so much going on up in his big, bright brain, and how we all could help him learn to focus a little, and how some of the teachers felt they would be exhausted to be in his head for a day.

I nodded and said, "Well, he comes by it honestly."  So there are at least one or several people who have whatever this is as well. There is just SO MUCH. On good days I marvel at the promise of all there is to think about and do. On bad days, well, the opposite of that happens--I'm certain I will fall over under the weight of it all.

I'd love to tell you the steps I'm taking to stem the tide a little, organize my thoughts and tasks, and whatnot, but I'm not even there yet. Just when I decide on a course of action, some other shiny thing pops up, going "Think about MEEEEEEE! You need to learn more Spanish NOW! You need a side-hustle! You need to cultivate your work wardrobe more! You need to go watch on YouTube about the Spitfire Sisters of the UK!" Not even kidding--that's all within the last hour.

All that said, I'm aware of what is going on, of the crowding of thoughts at the expense of my doing and being, so that is progress.

And it's lunchtime, so that's all I have to say for now...


No comments: