Jan 26, 2009

Warm Thoughts...

My thoughts are warm because I am in sunny Phoenix and it's, like, 70 degrees outside. The rest of me is a little tired & grumpy because I am getting into the uncomfortable phase where sleep is sometimes elusive. And furthermore, even when I can sleep well, turning over requires actual thought & planning, and who wants to make an effort at anything having to do with sleep? Yes, I have come full-force into the third trimester.

Some comfort themselves with the idea that the discomfort and sleeplessness of the last bit of pregnancy prepares one for the crazy unpredictability of the early months. I might agree with that--it certainly comes with less of a shock than if one had been sleeping like a rock for 9 months and suddenly had to be up every few hours around the clock. I'm not a stomach sleeper, but just the thought that I could sleep on my stomach if I wanted to makes me feel better. And turn over without having to wake up and adjust my pillow nest. That's a big one.

Pregnancy woes aside, we are quite enjoying the warm sunshine and lack of 50 mph wind gusts. Lotsa family time. Did I mention I have a crazy family? Some time with friends too, which is always fun. Today we're off to capture His Highness in all his photographic splendor. "We" being myself, the Cat Daddy, His Highness of course, and all the grandmas in residence in the state. It will be grandma-tastic...

1 comment:

Smiller said...

Hope you survived the photo session. I also hoped you got to say the phrase, "If you want $7000 worth of picutres, you may buy them but I'm not getting that many." I've been to get photos with grandma. Good times, good times.